Estonia is very proud of how much the country has progressed since the end of the Soviet occupation in 1991. The years under the Soviet regime are seen as one of the darkest times in our history. As the locals are replacing soviet concrete buildings and old factories with new Estonian architecture, we also realize how unique some of the places left here by the Soviets really are. There are some interesting sights during all of our tours.
On this tour, we take a drive to the northern coast of Estonia to get a feel for the area’s natural beauty and fascinating maritime and soviet history! We will visit among other things an abandoned submarine base and some remnants of air-defense systems left on the coastline.
During the tour, You will also see some of the historical architectural sites most characteristic of this epoch in Tallinn. For instance: former prison Patarei, Olympic Yacht Centre in Pirita, Tallinn TV-tower, important monuments like the Maarjamäe War Memorial and Lasnamäe living district – the largest and most recent region built during the Soviet period.
Tour price includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off – You’ll be met by our host at your hotel or any other location
- Local host – You’ll be accompanied by our English-speaking experienced local host, who is also your chauffeur for the day
- Air-conditioned car/minivan – Depending on how many of you are there a car or a minivan for up to 8 people will be there for you
- Free WIFI – Free, secure and fast WIFI network is provided for the whole tour
- Entrance tickets – Entrance to all the sights in the tour program
- Bottled water – A local example of bottled water has been chosen for you
- Hassle-free cancellation – A confirmed reservation can be canceled by You up to the moment of the actual event. For more detailed cancellation policy and Terms of Service follow the link
- Video of your tour – A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia