We are going to explore north-eastern parts of Estonia today during one of these day-trips to the Russian border. The main draws for north-eastern Estonia are the highest waterfall in Estonia, the longest sandy beach in Narva-Jõesuu, Narva – the EU border town with Russia, the largest permanent video projection area in the whole of Eastern Europe, lessons how to build bastions etc..
Estonia’s easternmost town Narva boasts the best-preserved castle (Hermann Fortress) overlooking a large, winding river acting as a border between Estonia and Russia. The nearby Narva-Jõesuu resort is dotted with spas and a large sandy beach that draws in holidaymakers every summer. Narva is a melting pot of Estonian and Russian cultures and a great place to stop and relax. Narva these days presents examples of classical Soviet-era architecture with some exciting contemporary developments such as Narva College located on the town square, an ultra-modern building paying homage to the town’s historical prosperity. The newly renovated river promenade around the castle and exploring the bastions inside and out is a must.
Narva-Jõesuu beach – by a small resort town off the Gulf of Finland, at the mouth of the Narva River – is one of the more idyllic beach settings in Estonia. With a legacy that dates back to the beginning of the 19th century, Narva-Jõesuu was a popular summer holiday destination for the St. Petersburg nobility of the time, who called it ‘The Pearl of the Baltic Sea’.
There are many interesting sites to stop along the route between Tallinn and Narva. Like the town of Rakvere, which draws in visitors with its impressive 13th-century castle ruins, contemporary town square and spa culture, the once-secret town of Sillamäe and the highest waterfall on the north coast of Estonia.
“description is based on texts available on visitestonia.com”
- Rakvere town
- Valaste Waterfall
- Sillamäe town
- Hermann Fortress on the border to Russia
- Alexander Cathedral
- Narva River Promenade and Bastions
- Narva-Jõesuu beach
Tour price per person
Children’s Discounts: 3-year-old and under are free, 15% discount for ages 4-12.
Tour price includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off – You’ll be met by our host at your hotel or any other location
- Local host – You’ll be accompanied by our English-speaking experienced local host, who is also your chauffeur for the day
- Air-conditioned car/minivan – Depending on how many of you are there a car or a minivan for up to 8 people will be there for you
- Free WIFI – Free, secure and fast WIFI network is provided for the whole tour
- Entrance tickets – Entrance to all the sights in the tour program
- Bottled water – A local example of bottled water has been chosen for you
- Hassle-free cancellation – A confirmed reservation can be cancelled by You up to the moment of the actual event. For more detailed cancellation policy and Terms of Service follow the link
- Video of your tour – A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia
Tour price excludes:
- Food and drinks