We are going hiking away from all too touristy sites and trails. The main draws for northern Estonia are the Lahemaa National Park and Kõrvemaa Nature Reserve. Perfect for a day trip out of Tallinn, these serve as an authentic taster of natural and cultural landscapes in Estonia.
Located on the northern coast of Estonia, Lahemaa is perfect for a hiking trip and nature watching. Here you will find stony and sandy seashores, picturesque bogs, pine and cliff forests, and rivers that cut into the limestone cliff. We are going to drive through the park, visit some picturesque small villages and see some beautiful old manor houses on the way. Afterward, there is a chance for a tasty lunch in an authentic local tavern.
Located south of the national park, the large forested Kõrvemaa area is home to moose, wild boars, brown bears, lynxes, foxes, and other wild animals. Many hiking trails combine so many different landscapes that it seems like you travel through different countries. Most people come to Kõrvemaa for its forests, lakes, and marshes. Here you can wander across the wooden trails in local bogs, climb the hills and go hiking on sandy roads in the wilderness. There are over 100 different lakes in Kõrvemaa alone. The hike will take up to 3 hours and require moderate physical preparation. It’s a good place for some amazing nature photography or just relaxing by the lake in a pine forest.
- 1-hour drive from the city, during which you get a short history lesson about Estonia and cultural background information about its people
- Admire the widest natural waterfall in Estonia
- Picturesque villages and manors in Lahemaa National Park
- Authentic Tavern for some Estonian Cuisine
- Hiking in Kõrvemaa Nature Reserve for 2-3 hours
- Stories, nature watching and tips for your next visit
- A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia
Tour price per person
Children’s Discounts: 3-year-old and under are free, 15% discount for ages 4-12.
Tour price includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off – You’ll be met by our host at your hotel or any other location
- Local host – You’ll be accompanied by our English-speaking experienced local host, who is also your chauffeur for the day
- Air-conditioned car/minivan – Depending on how many of you are there a car or a minivan for up to 8 people will be there for you
- Free WIFI – Free, secure and fast WIFI network is provided for the whole tour
- Entrance tickets – Entrance to all the sights in the tour program
- Bottled water – A local example of bottled water has been chosen for you
- Hassle-free cancellation – A confirmed reservation can be canceled by You up to the moment of the actual event. For more detailed cancellation policy and Terms of Service follow the link
- Video of your tour – A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia
Tour price excludes:
- Food and drinks