We are going hiking in Estonian nature today during one of these day-trips. The main draws for northern Estonia are the Lahemaa National Park and Kõrvemaa Nature Reserve. Both of them are located close to Tallinn.
Perfect for a day trip out of Tallinn, Lahemaa national park serves as an authentic taster of natural and cultural landscapes in Estonia. Located on the northern coast of Estonia, Lahemaa is perfect for a hiking trip and nature watching. Here you will find stony and sandy seashores, picturesque bogs, pine and cliff forests and rivers that cut into the limestone cliff. There are also a number of erratic rocks left over from the last Ice Age. Here you can enjoy long scenic coastal walks admiring northern Estonia’s limestone cliff lining that hides sediments and fossils dating back millions of years.
The hike in the National Park is 2 or 5 km long and can be completed on a boardwalk. During the hike, we will admire the landscape from an observation tower, visit a peat milling field, take a look at and touch various plants (depending on the season), as well as talk about the related lore and the significance of bogs.
Located south of the national park, the large forested Kõrvemaa area is a home to moose, wild boars, brown bears, lynxes, foxes and other wild animals. Many hiking trails combine so many different landscapes that it seems like you travel through different countries. Most people come to Kõrvemaa for its forests, lakes and marshes. Here you can wander across the wooden trails in local bogs, climb the hills and go hiking on sandy roads in the wilderness. There are over 100 different lakes in Kõrvemaa alone. The hike will take up to 3 hours and require moderate physical preparation. It’s a good place for some amazing nature photography or just relaxing by the lake in a pine forest.
Forests, wildlife, historic towns and fishermen villages surrounding the compact capital city Tallinn is what North-Estonia is most appreciated for. North Estonia has something for everyone, from 20th-century military history, to medieval forts, to romantic manors. Pine tree groves surrounding long sandy beaches nearby parks and wilderness provide a quick nature getaway from Tallinn all year round.
“description is based on texts available on visitestonia.com”
- Viru Bog Hiking Trail for 1 hour
- Manors in Lahemaa National Park
- Authentic Tavern for some Estonian Cuisine
- Hiking in Kõrvemaa Nature Reserve for 2-3 hours
- Additional fun adventurous activities of your choosing (disc-golf, archery, etc.)
- Some amazing nature photography possibilities
Tour price per person
Children’s Discounts: 3-year-old and under are free, 15% discount for ages 4-12.
Tour price includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off – You’ll be met by our host at your hotel or any other location
- Local host – You’ll be accompanied by our english-speaking experienced local host(with some estonian accent) who is also your chauffeur for the day
- Air-conditioned car/minivan – Depending of how many of you are there a car or a minivan for up to 8 people will be there for you
- Free WIFI – Free, secure and fast WIFI network is provided for the whole tour
- Entrance tickets – Entrance to all the sights in the tour program
- Bottled water – A local example of bottled water have been chosen for you
- Hassle-free cancellation – A confirmed reservation can be cancelled by You up to the moment of the actual event. For more detailed cancellation policy and Terms of Service follow the link
- Video of your tour – A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia
Tour price excludes:
- Food and drinks