We are going to tour Western-Estonia today during one of these day trips from Tallinn. The main draws for western Estonia are nature, the Paldiski area, Noarootsi Peninsula and the resort town of Haapsalu boasting cute wooden architecture and oodles of summer concerts and outdoor terraces.
The calm and friendly small town of Haapsalu, located less than 2-hour’s drive from the capital, enjoys a long-standing history as a spa resort. Modern Haapsalu hosts a number of international festivals and is home to charming restaurants. Haapsalu is a wonderful little town with narrow streets, a miniature town hall and romantic wooden dwelling houses. On the romantic seaside promenade stands Kuursaal, one of the finest wooden buildings in Estonia. Once in Haapsalu, don’t forget to browse for a traditional hand-woven woollen Haapsalu shawl with fine and elegant patterns.
Located north of the coastal town of Haapsalu, Noarootsi peninsula appeal to travellers with their untouched nature and Scandinavian feel. Coastal Swedes inhabited these western Estonian areas for hundreds of years, leaving behind a wealth of history and traditions. It borders three nature reserve areas, a safe haven for local flora and fauna. The Noarootsi peninsula draws in visitors also for its beautiful sandy beach, pine tree forest and is considered one of the best places for birdwatching in Estonia. Nõva Nature Reserve is a beautiful quiet place in the summertime and quite busy with bird-watchers during migratory seasons in the spring and autumn.
Paldiski, located on the Pakri Peninsula, was one of the most important army bases for both the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union. Come and see for yourself how the town, which used to be a closed Soviet nuclear submarine study centre, has changed. For a long time, the Pakri Peninsula was closed off for the general public as it was used by the Soviet Army. This has lent a certain mystique to the place and given way to a lot of legends. Among other treats, visitors come here for the limestone cliffs and a unique lighthouse.
On the way back to Tallinn we’ll pass one beautiful waterfall and take a stroll around the river.
“description is based on texts available on visitestonia.com“
- Haapsalu Castle
- Haapsalu Castle Museum
- Haapsalu Promenade
- Haapsalu Railway Station
- Noarootsi Peninsula and Nõva Nature Reserve
- Paldiski and Pakri Peninsula
- Keila Waterfall
Tour price per person
Children’s Discounts: 3-year-old and under are free, 15% discount for ages 4-12.
Tour price includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off – You’ll be met by our host at your hotel or any other location
- Local host – You’ll be accompanied by our English-speaking experienced local host, who is also your chauffeur for the day
- Air-conditioned car/minivan – Depending on how many of you are there a car or a minivan for up to 8 people will be there for you
- Free WIFI – Free, secure and fast WIFI network is provided for the whole tour
- Entrance tickets – Entrance to all the sights in the tour program
- Bottled water – A local example of bottled water has been chosen for you
- Hassle-free cancellation – A confirmed reservation can be cancelled by You up to the moment of the actual event. For more detailed cancellation policy and Terms of Service follow the link
- Video of your tour – A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia
Tour price excludes:
- Food and drinks