It’s a comprehensive tour in the Tallinn Old Town and in nearby Lahemaa National Park.
We will start with a drive along the north coast of Estonia up to Lahemaa National Park. Perfect for a day trip out of Tallinn and located on the northern coast of Estonia, Lahemaa is perfect for a hiking trip and nature watching. Here you will find stony and sandy seashores, picturesque bogs, pine and cliff forests, and rivers with waterfalls that cut into the limestone cliff. We are going to drive through the park, visit the highest natural waterfall in Estonia, take a walk in nature, see some picturesque small villages and beautiful old manor houses on the way. Afterwards, there is a chance for a tasty lunch in an authentic local tavern.
After getting back to the city, you see that today’s Tallinn is an exciting mix of old and new. With Tallinn being such a compact, green capital, you can cover a lot in just a few hours and enjoy short scenic strolls while at it. We will start with a drive through some different districts and suburbs of Tallinn to see some other sides of the capital as well. During the walking tour, we will visit the Old Town which has managed to wholly preserve its structure of medieval and Hanseatic origin. Due to its exceptionally intact 13th-century city plan, the Old Town was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997, joining the ranks of the world’s most recognised landmarks. Here you’ll find original cobblestone streets dotted with medieval churches and grandiose merchant houses, barns, and warehouses many of which date back to the Middle Ages. Spend some time in an authentic medieval milieu and you will soon realize why so many visitors have described Tallinn Old Town as mystical, mesmerizing, and addictive.
We walk both in the lower and upper part of the Old Town, see the most important sights, hear the stories of past and present, admire the view from different viewing platforms, and understand better the history of the country. We also step into a nearby market area and visit some sights outside the city walls. There are a lot of photo opportunities on the way to take advantage of, so don’t forget to bring your camera.
More information about Tallinn can be found from the official city guide on visittallinn.ee
- 1-hour drive from the city, during which you get a short history lesson about Estonia and cultural background information about its people
- Admire the widest natural waterfall in Estonia
- Picturesque villages and manors in Lahemaa National Park
- Authentic Tavern for some Estonian Cuisine
- Old Town walking tour for 2-3 hours
- Stories, nature watching and tips for your next visit
- A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia
Tour price includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off – You’ll be met by our host at agreed location
- Local host – You’ll be accompanied by our English-speaking experienced local host
- Air-conditioned car/minivan
- Free WIFI – Free, secure and fast WIFI network is provided for the whole tour
- Bottled water – A local example of bottled water has been chosen for you
- Hassle-free cancellation – A confirmed reservation can be cancelled by You up to the moment of the actual event. For more detailed cancellation policy and Terms of Service follow the link
- Video of your tour – A short video clip will be produced of your day to thank you for visiting Estonia
Tour price excludes:
- Food and drinks